Developers can check out release directory as follows:
svn co https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/apr apr-release
After committing, the site is updated automatically
Users access this directory via mirrors, and it takes around 24
hours for most mirrors to be updated. Thus, an approved test
release is published in the following sequence:
- Test packages are approved.
- Approved test packages are moved (
svn mv) from
- Wait 24 hours, then check mirrors to ensure that most or all are
- Update site to point to new release and send the
- If the new release replaces an old in the same MAJ.MIN, remove
the old (replaced) release from apr-release.